Gather Australia Pty Ltd
or make 4 interest-free payments of $49.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
Kinfolk and Co's stunning and highly practical Fermentation Crock Pots, locally crafted of course. Available in four different colours - basalt (dark charcoal), lapis (blue), sandstone (light beige) and alabaster (off white/cream).
Why eat fermented foods?
Through making and eating fermented food you will notice an improvement in your health and wellbeing while nurturing both yourself and your family and discovering the joy of honouring an ancient tradition. Fermented foods will bring you a myriad of health benefits including introducing good bacteria into your digestive system and helping to keep it balanced. These good bacteria have been shown to assist in slowing or reversing some chronic diseases, improve bowel health, aid digestion and improve immunity.
Why make your own fermented foods?
Making your own fermented food allows you to bring the art of food preparation back to its traditional roots and, in particular, to your very own kitchen. It is a simple enjoyable process that takes very little time, is affordable and leaves you with healthy, nutritious food you created yourself.
Benefits of using a fermentation pot?
- A stable fermentation environment results in a greater range and number of beneficial bacteria.
- Mould growth is eliminated during fermentation.
- The thicker stoneware wall creates a more stable fermentation temperature, resulting in fermented food with a greater depth of flavour.
- Elimination of any potential fruit fly problems.
- Containment of most fermentation odours.
- Elimination of brine water evaporation.
- Weights keep fermented foods below the brine for safe and even fermentation.
- The lid works with a water groove – which you keep filled with water – to form an airtight vacuum seal.
What's the process?
Once vegetables are prepared and packed inside, the water-seal rim is filled with water. As the fermentation process takes place, CO2 is created. The bubbling of the CO2 displaces all oxygen in the jar by pushing it through the water seal and lid. A seal is created, and the oxygen free environment is maintained.
Why use a Kinfolk and Co. fermentation pot?
- Our pots are contemporary, non-toxic, sustainable & dishwasher safe.
- Thoughtfully designed and made with care to bring joy and beauty to your home.
- Each piece is high fired and lined with a durable, easy to clean, food safe glaze.
- Locally designed and handcrafted in Byron Bay, Australia.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.