Gather Australia Pty Ltd
or make 4 interest-free payments of $49.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
Kinfolk and Co's stunning and highly practical Fermentation Crock Pots, locally crafted of course. Available in four different colours - basalt (dark charcoal), lapis (blue), sandstone (light beige) and alabaster (off white/cream).
Why eat fermented foods?
Through making and eating fermented food you will notice an improvement in your health and wellbeing while nurturing both yourself and your family and discovering the joy of honouring an ancient tradition. Fermented foods will bring you a myriad of health benefits including introducing good bacteria into your digestive system and helping to keep it balanced. These good bacteria have been shown to assist in slowing or reversing some chronic diseases, improve bowel health, aid digestion and improve immunity.
Why make your own fermented foods?
Making your own fermented food allows you to bring the art of food preparation back to its traditional roots and, in particular, to your very own kitchen. It is a simple enjoyable process that takes very little time, is affordable and leaves you with healthy, nutritious food you created yourself.
Benefits of using a fermentation pot?
- A stable fermentation environment results in a greater range and number of beneficial bacteria.
- Mould growth is eliminated during fermentation.
- The thicker stoneware wall creates a more stable fermentation temperature, resulting in fermented food with a greater depth of flavour.
- Elimination of any potential fruit fly problems.
- Containment of most fermentation odours.
- Elimination of brine water evaporation.
- Weights keep fermented foods below the brine for safe and even fermentation.
- The lid works with a water groove – which you keep filled with water – to form an airtight vacuum seal.
What's the process?
Once vegetables are prepared and packed inside, the water-seal rim is filled with water. As the fermentation process takes place, CO2 is created. The bubbling of the CO2 displaces all oxygen in the jar by pushing it through the water seal and lid. A seal is created, and the oxygen free environment is maintained.
Why use a Kinfolk and Co. fermentation pot?
- Our pots are contemporary, non-toxic, sustainable & dishwasher safe.
- Thoughtfully designed and made with care to bring joy and beauty to your home.
- Each piece is high fired and lined with a durable, easy to clean, food safe glaze.
- Locally designed and handcrafted in Byron Bay, Australia.